Proof That Happy People Are Good For You!

Kathy Sierra has posted scientific evidence of why building secret rapport with great feelings work!

In that post, I detailed a 9 step process to build rapport secretly by making yourself feel wonderful and then extending that feeling to others.

In Kathy’s fabulous post; Angry/negative people can be bad for your brain, she talks about scientific research that I had no idea about, including mirror neurons. Get this:

It’s what these neurons do that’s amazing–they activate in the same way when you’re watching someone else do something as they do when you’re doing it yourself! …We learn from imitating (mirroring) others. The potential problem, though, is that these neurons go happily about their business of imitating others without our conscious intention.

And:

Spend time with a nervous, anxious person and physiological monitoring would most likely show you mimicking the anxiety and nervousness, in ways that affect your brain and body in a concrete, measurable way. Find yourself in a room full of pissed off people and feel the smile slide right off your face.

Whoa!

And this is the same for positive feelings as well as negative! So could the method of building rapport by creating great feelings be a conscious way of re-directing and taking advantage of this unconscious process? Because most people prefer to feel good, so they’d naturally want to gravitate towards positive people who make them feel that way?

Who knows?

All I know is that the world could do with a lot more smiles and laughter :)

So to add on to what Kathy says;

Be the change that other people want to be around in the world.

Read Angry/negative people can be bad for your brain

12 Responses to “Inspiring Links: The Awesome Personal Development Blogs Edition”

1. KC
    June 21 2008 at 11:11 pm #

HI Alvin,

Thank you for posting those links online, i really really appreciated it. Like what other use to say, “you will never appreciate certain thing till you lose it”. I guess i took it for granted that these links will always be around. Haha. Well, i am going to bookmark them NOW! Once again, thank you, Alvin, for posting them here. Cheers

2. Naomi Dunford
    June 22 2008 at 9:38 am #

Thank God you told them that I said “fuck”. i always worry that people come to my blog through links and end up terrified upon arrival.

Thanks for the mention and the introduction to your very sexy looking blog.

3. Alvin Soon
    June 22 2008 at 1:44 pm #

You’re welcome guys :)

4. Kloudiia
    June 25 2008 at 3:50 pm #

Hey Alvin

Wow, very cool new site! I thought I went to the wrong blog at first. What a nice surprise after a break from visiting your site again.

I’m back again! haha :D

5. Hendry Lee
    June 26 2008 at 12:53 am #

Great resource. Thanks. I’m a big fan of personal development and productivity. I’ve just bought Zen to Done. Great reading. I’m into it for the second time and implement it one habit at a time.

6. zeke
    June 26 2008 at 2:05 am #

Sometimes it takes tough love to get over your problems. I found an enlightening option of this sort through Dr. Larry Winkle. He has recently started a blog. It is definately worth looking over.

7. zeke
    June 26 2008 at 2:07 am #

Ooops, I forgot to post the link. http://drlarrywinkle.blogspot.com/

8. Alvin Soon
    June 27 2008 at 7:31 am #

Welcome to the new Life Coaches Blog, Kloudiia!

9. Barbara
    July 3 2008 at 12:53 pm #

Wonderful links! Thank you!

10. Tom
    July 29 2008 at 4:09 am #

We have just published our second research report on whakate.com listing a huge number of related blogs personal development and productivity.

11. Nivas
    September 22 2008 at 11:57 pm #

hi friends,
    do have a look at http://lifeofexcellence.com/blog

this is full of fresh and original personal development ideas..

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Bookmarked resources | BizzyWeb - July 20 2008

[…] Life Coaches Blog: Inspiring Links – The Awesome Personal Development Blogs Edition […]